Thursday, January 29, 2009

three month Canadian dollar trend

another search someone arrived to the site by:

three month Canadian dollar trend

I've never posted anything on the Canadian Dollar three month trend. in fact I've only posted about CAD once, a few months ago, and I didn't really say anything then. had I Known how many search hits I'd get for that post, I would have spent more time on it.

anyway for the guy who wants info on CAD's 3 month trend, here are charts of CAD relative to the other 6 major currencies I track. the charts show the performance of CAD against each counterpart for the last three months. I've also included the 65 day moving average for each pair.


(click image to view full size or click here for updating version)

overall, CAD has been very strong the last couple weeks. this is something I hadn't really anticipated. still trying to figure out if this is the start of bull move for the loonie, or just a blip.